- All tutors registered with Petersfield Tutors (hereafter referred to as PT) are qualified teachers or have relevant experience or expertise. All tutors supplied through PT are subject to our high-quality checks and are only registered with us after an interview and receipt of satisfactory reference checks.
- We ask to see a copy of their current employment DBS certificate, if they do not hold one of these PT will provide one, however, we strongly advise clients to make their own enquiries as to the suitability of any tutor they wish to employ.
- PT insists that a responsible adult is present wherever the tuition takes place (acceptable to the parent/guardian). Ideally, they should be in an adjacent room and we encourage parents to pop in from time to time to see how the session is going. If you wish for your child to attend a tutor’s own home for tuition, then this exceptional arrangement needs to be agreed between you and the tutor and PT are not responsible for Child Protection issues or Public liability issue here (accident/injury etc).
- If tutoring is carried out online then PT insists that all students are appropriately dressed, (no nightwear), the student is located in a public area, (not a bedroom), and a parent or carer is aware that the session is happening and in the house with the student. No recording of the tutors is permitted at any time.
- Our tutors are NOT responsible for any duties other than professional tutoring.
- Petersfield Tutors is not responsible for the conduct of their tutors since all tutors are self-employed. If you have any concerns regarding any inappropriate conduct you should inform Petersfield Tutors immediately.
- Parents/Guardians have a responsibility for ensuring child protection is a joint effort. Parents/Guardians play a crucial supporting role in managing and monitoring tutor’s behaviour. Please see our Child Protection Policy available on our website.
- All our tutors strive to improve the tutees’ attainment; however, Petersfield Tutors does not guarantee an improvement in attainment.
- If a session is cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice, the lesson may still be charged depending on the situation.
- Petersfield Tutors reserve the right to withdraw a tutor at any time.
- Should a tutor become unavailable, Petersfield Tutors will endeavour to find a suitable replacement, but this is not guaranteed.
- Our tutors generally operate within a 10 miles radius of Petersfield or their own homes. If petrol costs need to be added, you will be informed before tutoring commences.
- Petersfield Tutors invoice at the end of each month for any tutoring sessions that took place during the month. Any sessions that a tutee does not attend during the month must be paid for, unless adequate notice has been given. Payment is due within 14 days of the invoice being issued. Petersfield Tutors reserve the right to charge interest on any late payments.
- Prior to tutoring commencing clients must sign up to a direct debit via Go-Cardless. From 1st April 2019 all invoicing and payments to Petersfield Tutors will be made using this system.
- Petersfield Tutors strives to keep prices at a competitive level, however, we reserve the right to increase the prices for tutors when necessary. You will be informed via email of any price changes and given an opportunity to cease tutoring should you wish to.
- At the end of each session, the person responsible for payment will be asked to sign a timesheet whereupon the session will be deemed satisfactory and therefore chargeable.
- We ask that you respect our agency and do not put our tutors in an awkward position and ask them to carry out tutoring outside the agency, either for friends or for yourself. This puts our tutor in breach of their contract with us.
- In the unlikely event that you have a bad experience of any kind with one of our tutors, please report these concerns to us immediately (within 24 hours). If this is anything of a serious nature you must, of course, notify the police first and then contact us immediately.
- Petersfield Tutors abides by the European General Data Protection Laws (GDPR) and will never share your information with anyone outside the agency or via social media. We will pass you details on to our tutors when we have identified a suitable tutor to meet your requirements. We do not send unsolicited emails and will only contact you to send invoices or to discuss your personal needs. Breaches in data security will be reported immediately to data protection authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK. Ideally, breaches should be reported within 24 hours if possible but at least within 72 hours.
- You have the right to be forgotten, to do so please contact us and we will delete all information we hold about you. You also have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you, this may attract a small administrative fee. We will not hold your data if it is no longer required.
- During online tutoring we ask that:
– students are appropriately attired (no nightwear)
– students do not record sessions
– students sits in a public area with the doors open
– for younger students we ask that parents greet the tutor at the beginning and end of each session.